In accordance with the Food Standards Agency Code of Practise, a Port Health Officer will carry out regular inspections of all food premises within our jurisdiction in order to:
- Establish the scope of the business and the relevant food law that applies to the operations taking place;
- Thoroughly and systematically gather and record information from the observation of practices, procedures and processes, and discussion with food handlers, contractors, proprietors and managers;
- Determine whether it is necessary to collect samples of raw materials, ingredients, additives, intermediates, finished products, or materials and articles in contact with food for analysis and/or examination;
- Identify any actual or potential breaches of food law and, if appropriate, gather and preserve evidence;
- Determine relevant enforcement action and communicate to business;
- Investigate complaints.