Exporting to Third Countries

Export health certificates may be required by Food and Feed manufacturers/exporters who wish to export products of animal origin to countries outside of the European Community (EC), commonly referred to as Third countries.


A template certificate may already be available for the relevant product(s) and country receiving the export..  Other import conditions may also be required depending on the specific  country. For futher information regarding  specific export conditions contact Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) International Trade Centre in Carlisle.


If a certificate template is not available,  contact the relevant Embassy or Consulate,  as well as the importer, to find out about any specific import conditions.


Please find below the contact details for APHA-International Trade Centre-Carlisle:


Eden Bridge House

Lowther Street



Telephone: 03000 200 301

Fax: 0208 0260 498

Email:  product.exports@apha.gsi.gov.uk


When submitting the application for the intended export Mersey Port Health Authority should also be advised.


Our export charges stand at £72.70 per certificate, please be aware these charges are currently under review and are subject to change in the near future


If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at port.health@liverpool.gov.uk

Additional Information