Ship Sanitation Certificate Request and Water Samples – Attended Ships Visits
With reference to the recent relaxation associated with the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak lockdown, Mersey Port Health Authority have taken the decision to reinstate attended Ship Sanitation Certificate inspection request, in accordance with World Health Organisation’s expectations. The Attended Ship’s Visits commenced on 3 August 2020.
When attending vessels, Mersey PHA Officers will be adhering to the Port Health Officer Embarkation procedures, the key points are as follows;
This Port Health Authority Embarkation Procedure applies to all vessels.
Responsibility for carrying out the following Port Health Authority Embarkation Procedure rests with the vessel’s master assisted by the ship’s owner and local ship agent as appropriate.
Port Health Authority Embarkation Procedure All vessels must have submitted the required Maritime Declaration of Health to the local Port Heath Authority.
- The Port Health Authority representatives will provide a Medical Declaration to the ship agent prior to embarkation.
- Where possible, one hour before the time of embarkation, non-essential crew should remain clear of the designated route from the ship’s office, especially where the route is within enclosed spaces.
- Immediately prior to the embarkation, all surfaces and equipment in the ship’s office will be cleansed and disinfected with a suitable cleaning solution.
- The ship’s office, where possible, should remain well ventilated via the opening of external doors or windows.
- All crew at the embarkation point must wear a protective mask and rubber gloves.
- The Port Health Officer will wear a protective mask, rubber gloves and safety glasses.
- The crew member assigned to escort the Port Health representatives must wear a protective mask and rubber gloves.
- Where possible, the route from the embarkation point to the ship’s office should via the open deck, as opposed to within enclosed spaces.
- All crew not essential to the operations of the vessel should retire to their cabins, and all crew member’s present must wear a protective mask and rubber gloves.
- Unless necessary for the safety of the Port Health Officer crew should remain at least 2m apart.
- Similar precautions must be taken during disembarkation.